Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 700 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
If you don't meet 100% of the requirements below - that's okay, nobody's perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just a list of skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited about coming to work every day.
Reporting to the EVP Platform & Growth, the VP Product of Platform Services will be steeped in the world of digital experiences and cloud media services technologies. You will have a direct impact on the business by evolving our product for the growing needs of existing clients, while also building toward new market opportunities. You will manage the platform foundations, multi-cloud, security & privacy tools, micro-services frameworks, users, entitlements, uDRM, search and data, Analytics & AI, APIs, and internal tools platforms.
This is a hands-on role that will include day-to-day product management, functional leadership, and strategic planning. You will partner closely with other Product leadership and stakeholders within the company.
The ideal candidate has previously scaled a SaaS business, has deep knowledge of multi-cloud and microservices architectures, is incredibly comfortable with data and measurement, and understands the importance of using technology for fast growth.
What you’ll do:
- Determining product needs, and managing the vision, execution, and business impact of the Kaltura Platform by working with leaders across the company and supporting the product vision
- Work with engineering and QA and empower the teams to achieve the highest possible quality on the continuous delivery of features
- Leading product management function, driving product planning and creating an outcome-driven product roadmap that aligns with company and product goals
- Establish platform OKRs, KPIs, and success standards, regularly analyzing data to measure the quality of our platforms, and customers adoption growth.
- Collaborate with other product groups to align on vision and needs, and build scalable systems that fuel business growth and maintain systems resiliency
- Work cross-functionally with partners across finance, business development, and product in order to establish key priorities and drive impact
- Ensuring new features can be managed and configured by the Operations team to support feature adoption and success with customers
- Supporting cross-functional efforts on the continuous and varying scaling needs of the product that arise from growth in the business
- Evangelize our technology and products internally and externally, and be at the forefront of digital experience challenges, standards, and solutions
- Building a team of highly capable Technical Product Managers and Business Analysts as subject matter experts on product capabilities
- Understanding of developer tools and large-scale operations – the products you’ll be responsible for will be used by developers and other product/tech groups both in Kaltura and by our customers
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with integrity and ambition
- Proven experience and strong understanding of software product development
- Proven ability to synthesize complex technical information, and then design strategies, solutions, workflows, and procedures which can then be adopted by stakeholders
- Skilled at partnering with VP and C-level executives in driving product decision-making
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, clients, and employees
- Deep analytical proficiency and effectiveness working as part of the senior product leadership team
- Strong communication, influence, and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Ability to define success metrics in conjunction with business intelligence to track, analyze and report on key performance indicators
- Ability to work with business development to communicate directly with partners
- 3+ years of diversified leadership roles within products at medium to large B2B or B2C SaaS companies
- 3+ years in a technical role, preferably engineering, QA, or technical product management
Bonus points – not required:
- Former engineering experience and/or video technology and/or large-scale Enterprise Analytics experience is highly preferred