- Published: September 14, 2021
Hi, we’re Carbyne. We’re on a mission to help emergency call centers save lives every day. As the leader in emergency collaboration technologies, we’re building a platform that brings game-changing capabilities to people in crisis, such as live video, instant chat, and location tracking. Our platform unifies the flow of life-saving information to emergency call centers, so they can handle emergencies faster than ever, and get to the right people, in the right place, at the right time. We currently provide services to over 400 million people in over eight countries around the world, and partner with Google, Cisco, Amazon, and Microsoft to deliver life-saving technologies. Want to join our mission-driven team? Read on.
About the role
We're looking for a Unified Communications Software Team Manager that will manage, architect and build the world's first real-time, cloud-based emergency communication platform (UC, VoIP, WebRTC, PBX, ESINet, i3). Our platform will have to comply with the most stringent security, authentication, and authorization standards in order to ensure high SLA and guarantee five 9s up-time.
As a Team Manager you will be in charge of services development, from cluster infrastructure to the server logic including the end-to-end full-stack design and development of new features.
You will work closely with Carbyne's partners and act as the technical liaison between engineering and the business for all UC related activities. In addition to working closely with other R&D team managers, you will interact with a variety of internal stakeholders: Carbyne’s sales, technical operations, CTO office, and product managers.
Here's what you'll be working on:
- Design and deliver 911 infrastructure that is:
- Highly available and resilient - Federal SLA should be incorporated into the architecture with services that are fault-tolerant and self-healing
- Responsive - services should respond quickly even under a surge of requests.
- Developing our solution across global regions in order to provide any person in the world the ability to contact emergency services as quickly and most effectively as possible.
- Implement new 911 capabilities for Carbyne's novel emergency communication platform
- Design, develop, and deploy microservices comprising Carbyne’s UC platform based on open source infrastructure
- Install, maintain, and contribute to open-source PBX projects and UC products
- Create and maintain technical specs and design documents
- Execute cloud deployments in alignment with customer requirements, solution specifications, and Carbyne’s best practices
- 3+ years of experience in solutions deployment of open-source VoIP solutions
- 5+ years of experience in networking
- Proven experience as a Team Manager.
- Proven knowledge and experience in networking and full knowledge of the OSI model and deep understanding of 1-7 Network Layers
- Proven experience with VoIP architecture
- Hands-on installation experience in deployment of open-source UC (Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, Asterisk, Kazoo, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of VoIP deployments and protocols like SIP, SDP, RTP and their troubleshooting
- Understanding of video/audio codes, packetization, encryption, and transport
- Good understanding of linux environments, including bash scripting
- Hands-on experience in deployment on private and public network/security clouds (AWS)
- Problem solving attitude and strong attention to the details
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to generate state-of-the-art solutions
- Independent and self-managed
- "Can-do" attitude and strong people skills
- BSC in Software Engineering, computer science or Elite Intelligence unit.
Bonus points for:
- Industry certifications like CCIE, CCNP, CCNA
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
What else we’re looking for:
We’re a mission-driven team with a strong set of values. We take them pretty seriously here at Carbyne, and want to make sure that anyone who joins our team takes them seriously, too. If you grabbed coffee with any of our team members, you would see that we:
Innovate. We think differently, and don’t lean on standard conventions.
Strive to be better. We’re always looking to improve. We define goals and measure ourselves against them regularly.
Take ownership. We own our actions, complete our missions, and hold ourselves accountable for both. We care deeply about the success of Carbyne, our customers, our partners, and each other.
Are customer-first. We focus on making sure our customers are successful, and we build trust and practice full transparency at all times.