Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 700 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
If you don't meet 100% of the requirements below - that's okay, nobody's perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just a list of skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited about coming to work every day.
We are looking for a Tier 2 technical support engineer to assist our customers using our Virtual Events platform, which is part of our video software (SaaS) platform. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing industry and partner with top accounts.
As part of our Customer Support team, you will provide technical support to our business customers (B2B), enterprise companies, and other top accounts who are transforming their events and conferences from the physical domain to the virtual one. Your role is to be responsible for answering how-to questions and resolving or escalating technical issues. You will have the ability to escalate complex technical issues and fix requests to our Tier 3 support and R&D teams.
Communication with customers consists of working on cases in our ticketing system and the occasional phone or video call to troubleshoot technical issues. You will have opportunities to collaborate with other teams including engineering, product, professional services, and account management.
Kaltura’s Customer Support team has support engineers located on 3 continents (USA, Europe, Asia).
· At least 3 - 5 years experience in a customer-facing support role (external B2B)
· Previous experience supporting software (SaaS)
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Great and proven troubleshooting skills using monitoring tools, Queries, and logs
· Knowledge of coding languages (such as Java, Python, Ruby, etc.), API libraries, DB
· Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies and terminology (e.g. HTML/CSS, AJAX, Java, PHP, HTTP/S, etc.)
· Experienced in managing escalation calls with customers’ top management
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and tight deadlines
· Effective learning skills and collaborative teammate
· Previous experience working in a global company
· Previous experience supporting Fortune 500 companies
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English)
· A CAN DO approach
· Previous experience with WebRTC and/or video conferencing software
· Experience using video and audio communication tools for support