- Published: October 17, 2021
Wix’s Backend Engineering group, where our software engineers shape the architecture of our backend microservices. We lead Wix Engineering’s training activities such as hiring, onboarding and mastering technical domains, taking part in cross-organization projects, arranging and sponsoring meetups, workshops and conferences in dev communities, and promoting the global Wix Engineering brand, online and offline.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Writer to create technical training documentation, blog posts, and open source documents. In this role you will work closely with our software engineers to produce accurate, timely, and high quality content.
As a Technical Writer, you will:
- Plan, write and maintain technical documents, such as developer guides, ReadMEs, onboarding materials and tutorials
- Own and manage the Backend Engineering group’s documentation
- Write highly-technical and user-friendly content
- Work closely with developers to ensure that their documentation is accurate and relevant for the intended target audience
- Work independently and proactively with multiple stakeholders
- Review developer-produced content and edit for style, clarity, organization and voice
- Research and learn new technologies and languages that are relevant to the product
- Edit developers’ blog posts (grammar, syntax, voice and tone) and social media posts
- Document APIs at an appropriate level for various audiences
- Contribute to user forums
A fluent English speaker with great organization and technical editing skills. You have 5+ years of professional experience in writing developer documentation, and you’re able to understand and explain complex systems, code, APIs and integration processes. You can modify the tone and voice of your writing for different audiences, you’re passionate about technology and technical writing and you can work independently, moving between projects quickly.
If you have 2+ years of programming experience (preferably web programming and experience with the open source development community) - that’s an advantage.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wix was built around the idea that everyone has the right to be successful, online. This same vision defines us as an employer: creating a work environment where everyone is welcome, and anyone has the right to succeed.