A Team8 Fintech portfolio company is hiring a Senior Backend Developer
The startup is operating at the intersection between Fintech and the global supply chain market. The company develops innovative financial solutions for the rapidly growing cross-border trade transactions world by leveraging cutting-edge technologies and a data-driven approach.
As a technical contributor and leader, you will be entrusted with ensuring the quality and delivery of API and data-driven services within our system. This will require working closely with your team, other engineering teams (web, DevOps, etc.) and partners to deliver a world-class experience for our customers. You will balance architectural decisions to account for delivery timeline, performance and long-term scalability.
- Designing and building maintainable, extensible, performance-minded and scalable backend services / APIs
- Advocating for modern software engineering practices such as CI/CD, unit testing and automated deployments
- Mentoring and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Leading and participating in code reviews
- Influencing our product's technical direction with your ideas and expertise
- A “player-coach” mentality that thrives on collaboration and creative thinking
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of AWS – EKS, EC2, RDS, MKS, S3, etc.
- Strong experience with relational DBs like PostgreSQL
- Experience with or solid understanding of NoSQL repositories (like MongoDB, Dynamo, etc.)
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Solid understanding of Agile software development processes
- Expertise in developing backend APIs for web-mobile, web and 3rd party partners
- This role may be hybrid or fully remote.
- Multi-lingual data and global hosting environments (including China)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar experience
- Experience with frontend development such as React
- Experience with at least one more development language such as java/python/GO