- Published: June 1, 2021
Team8 is a venture group that builds and backs technology companies at the intersection of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, data, fintech, enterprise software, and infrastructure. We rethink venture to provide entrepreneurs with an unfair advantage, accelerating success in an increasingly competitive landscape. Our deep understanding of the challenges faced by our industry and extensive network of global leaders uniquely positions us as the venture partner of choice. Team8’s leadership team includes unicorn founders, bank and fintech CEOs, and former leaders of Unit 8200, Israel’s elite military technology and intelligence agency.
We are hiring an exceptional Business Development Director to join its Go-To-Market team, to help manage and grow business relationships with its customers and partners.
The Business Development Director has a central role in the planning and execution of Team8 and its portfolio companies' BD roadmap. The right candidate will create new business opportunities and leverage Team8's robust network to advance sales, business development, marketing initiatives, and will help in extending the Village, Team8 community of c-level enterprise executives and thought leaders in technology and academia from around the world.
We are seeking an intelligent and hard-working individual, who is a team player, process-driven and detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. The right candidate should possess the ability to execute multiple complex projects simultaneously, with a proven track record in business development and strategic partnerships development and maintenance.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting platforms in the startup and venture capital/ cybersecurity/ AI/ fintech ecosystem and work alongside exceptional people.
- To provide advice and guidance to Team8 portfolio companies on their go-to-market sales strategies and capabilities.
- To segment, target, and develop a network of deep corporate relationships with C-level executives (CIOs, CTOs, CDOs, CISOs, CEO, and Board Members) in Global 2000 enterprises. Identify potential partners & strategic alliances; foster and grow the business relationships with Team8’s global partner base and strategic investors (Walmart, MunichRe, Airbus, Microsoft, Moody’s Cisco, and Barclays among others).
- Introduce and connect Team8 portfolio companies with our global community (Team8 Village).
- Build and run the Team8 Executive Briefing Center (EBC) in TLV.
- Capture, track and analyze all business development activities within the CRM system;
- Collect business and market intelligence.
- Collaborate with other functional groups within Team8, including Managing Partners, Research, and Marketing.
- 8+ years of experience and knowledge working directly in the startup and venture capital ecosystem.
- Analytical and tech-savvy (internet, social media, spreadsheets and reports, CRM systems).
- Relationship building expertise with C global level executives
- Ability to digest large volumes of information and synthesize key takeaways.
- Superior critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and understanding strategic frameworks and concepts.
- Team player and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative, but also process and detail-oriented.
- Native English.
Advantages: VC background; community building background; work experience in the international market (primarily the U.S.); past experience working with Israeli fast-paced technology organizations.