Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
About the role:
Forter is looking for an Analytics Manager to join Forter’s Core Analytics group, and lead one of our research teams in finding new paths for fighting fraud, and take part in building our cutting edge decisioning system.
What you’ll be doing:
- Personal and professional management of a team of analysts and researchers building and maintaining our core real-time decisioning systems - responsible for consistently maintaining both high professional standards and high satisfaction rates in employees.
- Responsible for building and executing quarterly work plans, and responsible for meeting the goals set for their portfolio and/or systems, and reports progress problems and plans on a weekly basis.
- Assign domain responsibilities to people in the team based on their experience, abilities and desire for growth. Consistently share information that can enrich others’ knowledge and skills.
- Responsible for employees' personal development in accordance with the career ladders - hold meaningful, effective and consistent 1:1s with team members, and own their Feedback Review process.
- Own how the team celebrates success together and learn from mistakes (BetterNext) in a safe manner, and promote visibility of the team’s achievements across the org.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading data analytics/feature engineering/data science/research teams, with strong project-management capabilities.
- Relevant academic background - BSc in STEM fields, such as Physics, Chemistry, OppResearch, Neuroscience, Bio-Information, etc.
- Great people skills, listen-first approach with strong desire to see problems solved - always strive for the best solution, regardless of who suggested it.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Clearly conveys complex problems/designs/ideas.
- An algorithmic thinker, with strong statistical and probabilistic intuition with a grasp for complex problems/solutions. Knows how to work with data.
- Experience with Python/R/Matlab or equivalent.
- Experience with SaaS products or AI technology or fraud mitigation - an advantage.
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.