Read something interesting online today? There’s a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world leading discovery platform delivering personalized recommendations to over one billion users every month, on many of the web’s most innovative and highly-visited websites.
For one of Taboola’s most innovative initiatives, Taboola news, we seek an experienced Team Lead to lead a group of editors based in different countries around the world.
Taboola’s news is a new and exciting product that is designed to bring personalized, powerful, and relevant recommendations in the form of premium publisher content to the screens of users’ mobile Android devices—much like Apple News brings to the users of the iPhone.
The ideal candidate is an experienced global manager (10+ years) with proven experience in managing a large remote group, experienced in defining and enforcing work processes, building KPIs and measurement tools and providing excellent execution to various stakeholders
What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- The group manager will be responsible for managing the editors on a daily basis, being their professional guide and mentor
- Assessing their work and moderating between them and various teams in the company.
- Collecting, analyzing and summarizing performance evaluations of the Taboola news platform
- Working with the product and business teams to ensure the business goals are met
- Onboarding and launching new markets for Taboola news
- Defining the editorial guidelines and thresholds per market, and advising on any editorial related aspect to decision makers.
- Understanding the editor’s day to day work in order to provide technical feedback for improvement and increase efficiency and productivity of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in managing medium-size groups (10+ members)
- Experience in remote and cross cultural management.
- Experience in building, applying and enforcing new work processes for the teams
- Technologically savvy
- Self-motivated, driven, resourceful, and with an ability to define processes and goals and work towards achieving them independently.
- Good understanding of online news publications work processes and practices
- Roll up your sleeves, “get it done” attitude
- Able to work across multiple remote teams and communicate across cultures
- Great interpersonal skills
- Able to work well with clients
- Speaks English fluently and has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Any additional languages is a strong plus
- Degrees in journalism / public relations / communication a strong plus
- Experience in an editing position with a news publisher is a strong plus.
- Willing to travel abroad at least every two months (post Covid)