* Team8 Portfolio Company
Sygnia is a top tier cyber technology and services company, providing consulting and incident response support for organizations worldwide. Sygnia works with companies to proactively build their cyber resilience and to respond and defeat attacks within their networks. It is the trusted advisor and cybersecurity service provider of IT and security teams, senior managements, and boards of top organizations worldwide, including Fortune 100 companies.
The company draws on top talent from the ranks of elite military technology units and from across the cyber industry and has some of the world’s top talents in cyber security. Described by Forbes as a “cyber security delta force”, it applies technological supremacy, digital combat experience, data analytics and a business-driven mindset to cyber security, enabling organizations to excel in the age of cyber.
Sygnia is looking for a Senior Malware Researcher and Reverse Engineer to perform analysis of advanced malware and support threat research and incident response. The successful candidate should be a bright expert, with extensive hands-on experience with reverse engineering and malware research, as well as exceptional problem-solving skills and technological depth. The role also requires generating high-quality analysis reports.
- Perform static and dynamic analysis, including reverse engineering, of malware to fully understand functionality, extract indicators and support ongoing incident response investigations.
- Support threat research of attack formations, attackers’ infrastructures and APT groups.
- Conduct in-depth research of operating system internals and relevant forensic artifacts, develop proof of concept code to extract data from forensic artifacts as needed.
- Adapt and develop tools and infrastructure to enhance research, investigative and hunting capabilities.
- Generate and present comprehensive and professional reports of findings from analysis process.
- Support incident response efforts as needed.
- Participate in thoughts leadership efforts and including generation of technical content for research papers and professional publications, and present at conferences.
- Provide training and mentorship as needed.
- At least 5 years of a relevant experience (from military service and/or industry).
- Bright, problem solver, independent, initiative and self-motivated.
- Extensive hands-on experience with analyzing and reverse engineering malware samples written in multiple programming and scripting languages (C/C++, Go ,.NET, Obfuscated Python, VB, PowerShell and web scripts).
- Extensive hands-on experience working with static and dynamic binary analysis tools, including IDA Pro disassembler and user and kernel space debuggers (e.g.GDB, WinDBG, OllyDbg).
- Experience with analyzing shellcode, packed and obfuscated code.
- Ability to read or write in x86/x64 assembly language.
- Solid understanding of OS internals of at least two operating systems (Windows, Linux/ Unix and MacOS).
- Deep technical understanding of network fundamentals and common internet protocols, and ability to analyze packet captures.
- Strong programming and scripting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent English, including the ability to document and explain technical information in a concise, understandable manner
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms and protocols – advantage
- Experience with vulnerability research – advantage