Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
Forter is looking for an experienced backend engineer with an ownership mentality and a passion for building scalable and resilient systems to help navigate the efforts surrounding our ever-in-motion Billing system.
Our Billing team is responsible for processing Forter’s revenues and providing industry accepted-standard reports, for all of the company’s products line.Since we need to be aware of the company charging models, the team is taking an active part in shaping Forter’s long-term products vision.We would love to have someone joining the team with an interest in working across these areas, who can share their experience in various software concepts and are passionate about architecting successful systems.
What you'll be doing:
- Take an active role in defining and implementing various billing models for Forter’s current and future offerings.
- Set a multi-year tech vision for Forter’s billing product. Map needs and pain points, define priorities and goals and lead their execution.
- Lead hands-on development efforts while working closely with teammates and other individual contributors at Forter
- Initiate and own complex projects, work with PMs to define features and scope, and guide through technical decisions and tradeoffs
- Act as a technical leader for product definitions: make architectural decisions, get buy-ins from internal clients across the organization, provide a formal way of documentation (i.e ADRs)
- Collaborate in an environment involving various stakeholders within the company by planning, brainstorming, and sharing feedback.
- Work with a variety of programming languages and platforms
- Mentor other engineers
- 7+ years of experience writing and maintaining complex backend systems using a modern programming language
- 2+ years of experience as a technical leader: proficiency in writing tech docs, E2E testing, monitoring & observing real-world production systems.
- Significant experience working with big-data storage over modern SQL or NoSQL data-stores such as traditional RDS, Elasticsearch, Snowflake, Redis
- Solid experience of working in the various stages of the Software development life cycle - from requirements to deployment
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud services
- Enthusiasm for providing technical solutions that bring immediate impact
- A can-do approach and a positive attitude!
- Excellent presentation skills - can talk and explain at the right level of abstraction to different audiences
Projects you could work on:
We have a ton of important work to do, which is why we’re hiring! Our projects are of course changing all the time, but here are a few that we’ve either done in the past or are planning for the near future, so you can get an idea of the types of work we do.
Enable the business to expand Forter’s set of offerings by representing the billing perspective in the decision-making process.
Build and maintain scalable, performance-oriented systems, responsible for digesting hundreds of millions of transactions per month
Take part in a cross-team effort to migrate our system to cloud-agnostic technologies (e.g. K8S, Kafka, etc.) with zero-downtime
Constantly aim towards improving the systems to meet the highest observability and monitoring standards
We'd love it if you have:
- At least 3 years of Python experience
- Experience with Azure public cloud
- Experience with K8S or other container management platforms
- Experience with an observability / APM system such as Honeycomb, Datadog, etc.
- Passionate about coding and mentoring others
- Previous experience working with B2B products and customers
- Experience maintaining billing / ERP systems
- Previous experience in the fintech industry
If you’re interested in building systems from the ground up, if you agree that building a great product starts with understanding your customers’ needs - send us your CV, we’ll take it from there 🙂
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.