- Published: August 1, 2021
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience and deployed globally in thousands of companies and educational institutions and engages hundreds of millions of viewers at home, at work, and in school. Kaltura is a recognized leader in the Online Video Platform (Educational institutions and Enterprise companies such as Harvard, Yale, SAP, Oracle Etc.) and Cloud TV (Vodafone, Cellcom TV etc).
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration, and we are the initiator and backer of the world's leading open-source video management project, which is home to more than 150,000 community members.
We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged.
Kaltura currently have approx. 500 employees across offices in New York, London, Sao Paolo, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly including positions all over the world.
We promote: a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, refer-a-friend program and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
We're looking for an experienced SRE to join our growing Cloud Operations group.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience developing operational based tools, managing and supporting highly available, large Scale web applications in production
Most importantly, the right individual will be highly motivated, with a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced environment and automating anything possible.
- Be part of the tectonic shift of the TV industry to over the top CloudTV.
- Work with cutting edge technology in the cloud.
- Oversee and own overall Production deployment, maintenance and enhancements processes, procedures, as well as availability, scalability, operability and assuring top notch SLA tracking.
- Be part of SRE team focused on introducing new technologies and systems, deploying services to multiple cloud environments and regions, and pushing our Production excellence and offering to the next levels.
- Solve technical problems, provide guidance to various teams (internal & external), and continually improve our systems, deployments, operations, and overall cloud activities and costs.
- Work Closely with devops , r&d , support and product teams
- Experience working in cloud computing, virtualization and containers experience - Docker, K8S and more
- Excellent problem solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility
- Excellent English both written and verbal
- Advanced networking knowledge- Load balancers, firewalls, VPNs, TCP/IP - troubleshooting, performance tuning
- Web/Application servers - Apache, Nginx, and so on
- Monitoring systems and SLA tracking
- Hands on experience administering and supporting high scale Production workloads
- Everything as code approach - at least 3 years of relevant work experience, including Linux systems and programming with one of languages like PowerShell, Python, Bash and so on
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call shifts.
- Experienced with OTT Cloud TV - an advantage
- 3+ years experience managing a fast paced production team, supporting Cloud infrastructure and applicative issues, deployments and maintenance
- Proven experience with monitoring production workloads using cloud and open source tools (Grafana , Prometheus , Kibana)
- Experience and understanding of security and networking of production environments
- Experienced with supporting open source tools such as RabbitMQ , Elastic search and Couchbase and such
- Experience using and administering software version control systems (SVN, Git, etc.)
- Experience with automating systems maintenance at scale
- Solid understanding of current web and internet technologies like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, CDN, DNS, Databases and so on
- Experience with managing large scale infrastructures with code - experience with tools like Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation and such
- Ability to read ,understand and debug programming languages (.NET ,LUA) - big advantage