- Published: June 28, 2021
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
As a Solution Architect at Kaltura, you are responsible for designing and successfully delivering complex, custom video platform solutions to meet the business goals of some of Kaltura’s largest and most sophisticated clients. You work closely with developers, QA engineers, and project managers to ensure that clients’ business objectives are met.
A Kaltura Solution Architect is a technologist who possesses a unique balance of technical depth, business insight, creative problem-solving ability, and strong interpersonal skills. As a trusted advisor to Kaltura clients’ business stakeholders, you use Kaltura’s wide-ranging platform and product suite to deliver concrete business value, with a tangible impact on clients’ business operations and overall success.
To excel at this role, you must have a broad understanding of the technical aspects of cloud-based software, IP networking, and the software development lifecycle. At Kaltura, you will extend and hone your knowledge of digital video, online video delivery (including OTT), and the fast-moving online video ecosystem — though any such knowledge you already possess is a big plus.
In the Strategic Accounts, the SA will be part of a team, supporting a number of the Kaltura Strategic Accounts, with the goal to enable our customers’ success in exceeding their business and operational goals by maximizing the creation and consumption of video across their company.
The SA has end to end responsibility for the solutions proposed to the customers and feasibility, working closely with with Kaltura HQ to ensure business goals are met (marketing, product, PS, Support, etc.). Mainly Product and PS.
- Technology and technical responsibility to bring value to our customers - growing customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain technology relationships with customer stakeholders.
- Work hand in hand with the Strategic Accounts’ Solution Engineers to ensure discovery, scoping, estimations are complete.
- Analyzing business and technical requirements.
- Defining features, user experiences, and solutions in support of custom, video-centric workflows.
- Defining custom metadata schemas in support of business processes.
- Scoping and supervising large-scale, complex content migrations.
- Acting as a Product Owner for customized user interface components or API services while they are under development.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Documenting and actively disseminating knowledge about custom solutions.
- Scoping and estimating large-scale customization or integration projects during pre-sales activity
- Serve as part of the account team - influence the account strategy definition and execution.
- Identify new growth and adoption opportunities and promote with AD to develop them.
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a highly technical role (software development/design, product management, technical project management, or similar).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to easily communicate complex technical concepts to business stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills and natural curiosity to learn new concepts.
- Willingness to travel — about once or twice per quarter.
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant academic field.
- Experience invoking/testing REST APIs (e.g. using Postman), and/or scripting skills in Python, PHP, or similar.
- Deep knowledge of IP networking and enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Professional experience with online video systems and products (OVP, OTT, media CDN, DAM/MAM, transcoding, live streaming, and so on).
- Previous professional experience writing or managing software requirements.
- Experience with software development, software architecture, or user interface design.