Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
- As a Software Team Leader at Riskified, you will lead a talented group of experienced developers in creating a mission-critical suite of services in the new payment optimization domain. The team will work to enable a new Riskified product, working closely with Product, Research and Analytics teams to validate this new offering and drive a new business forward.
- We are looking for a team leader with a passion for service oriented and microservice architectures, high performance, reliability and clean design, who is able to focus, support and drive a team while consolidating requirements from all stakeholders, displaying a high interest in our business and a proactive approach to constant improvement and problem-solving.
- Our tech stack includes Kubernetes, Scala, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Kafka, Avro, gRPC, AWS, GCP, Elastic, DynamoDB.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead your team in delivering high-quality products to Riskified’s production environments and ensure production health
- Plan ahead with the team on how to deliver value in the payment optimization domain.
- Collaborate with product managers, researchers and other stakeholders in the creation of the team’s and company roadmap
- Mentor and grow your team to be independent and highly effective engineers, planners and future leaders
- Provide consultation and solutions to customers and management on real business problems
- Be a focal point for your team, group and department
- 1+ years of management experience in leading a team of engineers in production - Must
- 1+ years of experience in Agile project management, scrum management
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing high scale distributed systems/microservices - Must
- Experience in cloud-native microservices architecture or SaaS environments
- Strong communication skills
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or any equivalent degree/experience
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Our Tel Aviv team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We’ll be moving to a new space in TLV - check it out here!
We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
Stock options for all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
Commuter and parking benefits
Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, birthday celebrations, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer
Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, role-based technical skills training, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!