- Published: February 1, 2021
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 200 team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
SW Team Lead (Motion Team)
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced technology leader to join our Software Engineering team in Tel Aviv. The right person enjoys rolling up their sleeves and writing code as well as leading and growing a team.
Fabric Software Engineering is a team of brilliant and talented software engineers, algorithms developers, data scientists and researchers, all dedicated to building a robust, performant, and highly scalable robotic fulfillment network.
We're responsible for everything from orchestrating the robots' movement to handling orders and managing stock across multiple fulfillment centers. We solve challenging problems through collaboration across different roles and paradigms using cutting edge technology. We have a diverse tech stack, with a backend organized in a microservices architecture that helps keep it flexible. We're investing in a DevOps culture, which means end-to-end ownership from supporting the feature design to monitoring the production deployment.
As our business grows, the team is rapidly growing as well, opening new opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
As Motion Team Lead, you will design and implement capabilities for the company’s robotic solution control plane (WCS), which includes everything from task allocation (deciding which robot does what and when) to pathfinding and location tracking.
- Lead the growth and development of a talented engineering team, through coaching, mentoring, and providing feedback to team members
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team (Product Managers, Robotics Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and more)
- Design solutions that control robot motion, task allocation, and totes distribution
- Build a robust system that will gracefully handle unexpected situations. Those robots can be unpredictable.
- Maintain high software engineering standards for scale and quality
- Continuously work to improve the software engineering skills of your team, with a focus on quality, scalability, performance, and robustness
- At least 3 years of experience leading and growing engineering teams
- Experience leading engineering teams in a fast-paced environment while shaping the product
- Solid technical background in software engineering, architecture and design
- Proven ability to coach and mentor engineers
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and staying out of the comfort zone
- Experience with microservices architecture and running cloud-based production environments
- Demonstrated success in building a strong and open culture
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills, who can lead others both formally and informally