Forter provides new generation fraud prevention to meet the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. Only Forter provides fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ fraud prevention, with approve/decline decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee. The system eliminates the need for rules, scores, or manual reviews, making fraud prevention friction-free. The result is fraud prevention that is invisible to buyers and empowers merchants with increased approvals, smoother checkout, and the near elimination of false positives - meaning more sales and happier customers. Behind the scenes, Forter's machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism.
About the role:
We are looking for a software developer who's passionate about back-end development and problem-solving to take on an important role in our growing business. If you’d like to contribute to a large-scale production system that protects >$250B annually - this is your chance!
Our Platform APIs team shapes Forter's ability to scale easily and responsibly, while focusing on launching new products on a regular basis. Some things you should know about our team:
- Our team is lean and efficient - we’re 4 team members and growing!
- Our engineering group includes 7 different teams building all of Forter’s customer-facing products.
- We (automatically) deploy new versions to production at least 4 times a day while maintaining 99.999% availability!
- Our APIs process over a 250 billion dollars annually
- We currently develop 4 new products that our customers are very excited about
Our engineers are resourceful, creative, and independent. We take responsibility for the entire product lifecycle, from design to deployment. We are highly adaptable, working with a diverse stack of technologies, and always aspiring to create the best value for our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop our public-facing API backend infrastructure to support Forter's evolving products
- Help to create new and innovative tools that our high-profile customers and their developers will love using
- Lead, hands-on, complex development efforts while working closely with teammates and other individual contributors at Forter
- Own your features end-to-end - from design, coding, testing, deploying and setting automated alerts - it’s all our responsibility. No DevOps and no QA teams.
- Work with a variety of programming languages and platforms (but mostly NodeJS, Python, ELK and AWS services).
- Brainstorm features with product managers and your peers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase and past experience
- Provide software solutions to complicated challenges we face on a daily basis
- Take initiative - got a great idea that'll make our team's day-to-day better? Let's hear it!
What You’ll Gain:
- A sustainable working environment, where work-life balance is a given
- A diverse and open-minded engineering group, accepting of new technologies, ideas and methodologies
- Experience working in a high-performing team
- Experience building and deploying critical-path production systems
- Mentorship from experienced engineers and managers
- Experience in designing complex architecture where latency, scale and stability are key concepts
What you’ll need:
- At least 2 years of experience writing code and maintaining a backend system
- Familiarity with browser, networking and security concepts - though we’ll help you to learn
- Product, Production and Growth mindsets
- Desire to learn and take a deep dive - our domain is unique, and most of your tasks will require proactively gaining context and learning new technologies
- Enthusiasm for providing technical solutions that bring immediate impact
- Strong communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- A can-do approach and a positive attitude!
- Professional-level spoken and written English proficiency
Would be very cool if you have:
- Significant experience with databases/datastores (MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Extensive networking / security experience
- Past experience working on Mobile / SDKs / API products
- Experience from previous payment / eCommerce companies / projects
- Experience working on Enterprise-grade SaaS products
- Superb English speaking and writing skills