- Published: November 15, 2021
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
- The Core team is part of the Payment Fraud group, which provides fraud prevention and protection to thousands of eCommerce merchants.
- The Core Team consists of experienced backend engineers that are strong owners of Riskified’s flagship product and core microservices. We are responsible for all aspects of development: from planning with architects and product managers, researching the right technologies, implementing highly reliable and scalable systems and making sure they run smoothly in production at all times. We work with huge amounts of data and process billions of transactions.
- Our Stack: Scala, Ruby, JVM, GraalVM, SQS, DynamoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and develop highly reliable, available and scalable architecture for our core services and flagship products
- Deploy your code to production daily (we have advanced CI/CD pipelines)
- Be a strong owner of production systems, keeping them running smoothly
- Work with large volumes of data both in real-time and batch jobs, using stream processing, ETLs and data warehouse technologies
- Active part in planning the team roadmap and products
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and product managers teams to work on cross department projects
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or military equivalent certifications
- 3+ years of proven experience in hands-on server-side coding
- Passion for writing clean, high quality code
- Great attitude - an independent self learner and a strong team player
- Hands on experience in Scala/Java - advantage
- Hands on experience building cloud native applications - advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 650+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Our Tel Aviv team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We’ll be moving to a new space in TLV - check it out here!
We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
Equity for all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
Commuter and parking benefits
Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, birthday celebrations, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer
Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, role-based technical skills training, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!