As the social media and community manager, you will be part of ActiveFence’s Marketing team. You will be at the heart of our efforts to put the company at the front and create a social persona for it. You will set the tone, and shape how people perceive and react to ActiveFence. You will post on behalf of the company and its thought leaders, increasing our engaged followers.
You will build a community of Trust & Safety professionals, organize meetups and community building events. You are excited about bringing people together and rallying them around a shared vision.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage the social media calendar and align with key stakeholders, programs, campaigns, research, and relevant news narratives.
- Coordinating with field teams to live-tweet events and cover on social in near real-time
- Own ActiveFence social media accounts end-to-end, including crafting and publishing posts, curating content, proactively engaging with community, growing reach and followers, and more
- Be fully entrenched in the Trust & Safety community, attend events/webinars, and stay up-to-date on the most crucial topics in the industry and share knowledge with key stakeholders
- Lead and execute reactive and proactive community engagement activities across all brand profiles, channels, and assets (social media, email, etc.)
- Lead and execute cross-functional social media campaigns, partnering with company thought leaders, demand generation, content, brand, strategy, partnerships, sales, customer success, product, and more
- Leverage and drive social media growth via co-marketing opportunities and community partnerships on social media
- Define ActiveFence’s social media and community strategy and initiatives by mapping out existing communities, researching the landscape, and consistently align them with company objectives
- Track social media and community growth and performance across the different communities, channels, and profiles
Ways to grow in the role
- Build a thriving online community from the ground up for Trust & Safety professionals
Who you are
You are fluent in social media and a natural storyteller. You like the challenge of taking complex concepts and translating it into scroll-stopping social media content that compels readers to engage. You are excited about bringing people together and rallying them around a shared vision. You love building communities and cultivating hot-button discussions on social media while taking an elevated and unbiased approach.
You possess strong project management skills, can identify opportunities and seize them, close gaps, and are great at delivering in a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills.
You are familiar with the Online Safety or Trust & Safety field, you know what abuse types exist, and how platforms are working to protect their users from online harm.
You’re not afraid to take risks, challenge things and bring ideas to life. You’re data-driven, committed to delivering value and delight, and you’re always thinking about ways to make the ActiveFence community and social media presence best-in-class
Throughout your work experience, you did the following:
- Creating, writing, copyediting, and managing social media content
- Creating, managing, and executing a social media content calendar; aligned with content, PR, events, sales, HR, etc.
- Deep familiarity with channel management on Twitter, LinkedIn (YouTube a plus)
- Experience establishing thought leadership via managing executive social accounts
- Experience setting social media strategy, engagement strategy, proof record of increasing followers
- Experience working with social media tech stack such as scheduling, analytics, and employee advocacy
- Experience creating and executing employee advocacy
- Experience working in an enterprise or ABM marketing environment
- Familiarity with Trust & Safety ecosystem or eSafety
- Working in Trust & Safety team - a plus
- Experience with community building (e.g. large scale group admins on Facebook)
- Experience in running events or podcasting (a plus)
- Using social media to develop/promote thought leadership
ActiveFence is the leading tool stack for Trust & Safety teams, worldwide. We support technology platforms, corporate enterprises, NGOs, and governments as they fight terror, hate speech, disinformation, child sexual abuse, and other malicious activities on the internet, protecting the public online and offline.
Using cutting-edge AI and a team of world-class subject-matter experts to continuously collect, analyze, and contextualize data, ActiveFence ensures that in an ever-changing world, customers are always two steps ahead of bad actors. As a result, Trust & Safety teams can be proactive and provide maximum protection to users across a multitude of abuse areas, in 70+ languages.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors such as CRV and Norwest, ActiveFence has raised $100M to date; employs over 270 people worldwide, and has contributed to the online safety of billions of users across the globe.
- Native English Level required; Fluent Hebrew (a plus)
- At least 3-5 years of experience in community management, journalism, social media, PR, content, intelligence research or other relevant experience - must-have
- Experience with social media management tools (Hubspot, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Oktopost, etc.)
- Experience with social media analytics and attribution tools
- Cross functional collaboration (sales, Content, PR, Events, HR)
- Experience with online Trust & Safety or content moderation
- Outstanding professional writing and storytelling skills
- Experience working at or with global technology enterprises
- Experience with enterprise-level marketing and/or ABM
- Experience organizing and hosting community events, meetups, webinars, and/or podcasts