- Published: August 28, 2021
Viber is one of the most popular apps in the world, and the most downloaded app to have come out of the start-up nation. Working with Viber is a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people using our messaging app.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Server Developer to join the server developer team!
So, If you are curious about working with a large scale of data in real-time, committed to translating insights into action, want new challenges daily, and impact the lives of millions of users globally, this role is for you!
*We're implementing a hybrid work-model:)
- Lead and deliver high scale projects
- Create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Design and write efficient, maintainable code supporting billions of operations per second
- 3 years of experience with server-side development
- Deep knowledge of Java as a backend developer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Background in functional and reactive programming (such as RxJava, Java 8, and above)
- Background in developing real-time NoSQL databases, like Couchbase, ElasticSearch, Redis, etc.
- Background in using asynchronous networking frameworks, e.g. Netty, Vertex
- Knowledge of AWS cloud and its services (or another cloud service)
- Experience in building and deploying microservices