- Published: August 30, 2021
Viber is one of the most popular apps in the world and the most downloaded app that came out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber provides the unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people with our messaging app.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Solutions Architect who will be part of a small elite team of architects that provides solutions, design, POC’s and guidance for all of Viber’s R&D teams.
Viber services are all cloud-native and utilize the latest cutting-edge cloud services. As a Viber Solutions Architect, you will have a huge influence (and responsibility) over a planetary scale service spread across thousands of servers around the globe generating petabytes of data, utilizing NoSQL databases performing millions of operations per second.
*We're implementing a hybrid work-model:)
- Coordinate, design, and document complex inter-team R&D projects
- Collaborate with dev teams, product, DevOps, IT, and security specialists to ensure solutions provide optimal architecture, scale, high availability, security, and cost optimization.
- Plan and build POCs and solutions to analyze complex technical and customer requirements and to determine appropriate solutions as necessary
- Research, design, and advocate new technologies, cloud services, and architectures that will support the continued requirements for the organization, business partners, and vendors
- Function as a technical expert, technical advisor, and technical influencer
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- 3+ years as a solutions/system/cloud/enterprise architect
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Proven experience with cloud environments (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience in complex large scale systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with big data technologies and pipelines
- Experience with microservices, K8s, and CI/CD pipelines
- In-depth knowledge of cryptography and security
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter, ability to work independently while being accountable
- Strong interpersonal and customer care skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields; or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages (Java, C++, Node.js, Python, etc.)
- Couchbase NoSQL database
- Serverless technologies
- VoIP/WebRTC technologies
- Deep understanding of Linux network & OS internals
- Understanding of Machine Learning and Deep Learning concepts and technology