- Published: October 4, 2021
Hi, we’re Carbyne. We’re on a mission to help emergency call centers save lives every day. As the leader in emergency collaboration technologies, we’re building a platform that brings game-changing capabilities to people in crisis, such as live video, instant chat, and location tracking. Our platform unifies the flow of life-saving information to emergency call centers, so they can handle emergencies faster than ever, and get to the right people, in the right place, at the right time. We currently provide services to over 400 million people in over eight countries around the world, and partner with Google, Cisco, Amazon, and Microsoft to deliver life-saving technologies. Want to join our mission-driven team? Read on.
About the role:
We are looking for a Software Engineer that will be in charge of end-to-end Real-Time Communication software development for our life-saving platform. You will be designing and implementing high-performance VoIP services/ Streaming architecture, in order to provide people the help they need in emergency situations.
Development of core RTC components from client level up to the server-side, implementing highly scalable real-time communication infrastructure for emergency services.
Working on multi-platform environments with mobile clients, VoIP and Streaming clustered servers and on command and control systems and emergency end-devices.
You will be working on a wide of variety of RTC open-source projects and components: WebRTC (Internals and API's), HTTP Streaming, Media frameworks and media engines (GStreamer, FFmpeg), BW Estimation, Video and Audio codecs (VP8/9, H.264/5 , SVC, Opus, AAC).
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in Real-time communication development (Video/Audio Streaming)
- Strong OOP skills, fluent with C++ Standard Library.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Multithreading and Networking.
- Deep knowledge and experience with WebRTC, VoIP Stacks, SIP Clients and Servers, RTSP, HTTP Streaming/HLS.
- VideoAudio codes, packetization, encryption, and transport.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Video and Audio Streaming.
- Strong OOD and Design Patterns skills.
- Skilled and independent architect and developer capable of researching and handling challenging engineering and development tasks.
1. Experience with Janus server.
2. Experience with Wowza streaming engine.
3. Docker and Kubernetes experience.