- Published: August 1, 2021
Carbyne is hiring in the south!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for the end-to-end development of our life-saving platform.
You will be developing high-performance, elastic and resilient micro-services architecture while leveraging reactive frameworks (AKKA) with highly scalable infrastructure designed for web-scale loads in order to save lives.
You will be in charge of services end-to-end design and development, from cluster infrastructure to the server logic and user experience including designing and developing new features.
The Challenges You Will Face:
- Developing an Emergency 911 Eco-System.
- High Availability - Federal SLA support should be incorporated into the architecture.
- Services should respond quickly even under a surge of requests.
- Highly Resilient services achieved by Fault-Tolerant and Self-Healing functionalities.
- Developing our solution across global regions in order to provide any person in the world the ability to contact emergency services as quickly and most effectively as possible.
- Solving public safety real world problems such as Indoor Positioning, Scene Detection from live video and audio streams by machine learning techniques with real-time performance.
- At least 4 years of experience in building advanced web applications
- BSC in Software Engineering, Computer Science or experience from an Elite Intelligence unit
- Backend development experience (We use Scala but you can have any backend experience )
- Experience in developing in cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Experience with developing RESTful API
- "Can-do" attitude and strong people skills
- Experience in designing and coding microservices-based solutions for the Cloud
- Working with WebSockets
- Experience with modern frontend development