- Published: June 2, 2021
Orca Security is THE cloud security innovation leader, providing deeper visibility into AWS, Azure, and GCP in minutes without the operational costs of agents. With Orca Security, there is complete coverage; there are no overlooked assets, no network scanners, no DevOps headaches, and no performance hits on live environments.
Unlike legacy tools that operate in silos, Orca treats your cloud as an interconnected graph of assets, prioritizing risk based on environmental context. This reduces thousands of meaningless security alerts to provide you with only the critical few that matter, along with their precise path to remediation.
● Fast growth: This company has momentum. It’s THE opportune time to join Orca Security.
● Disruptive technology: Orca Security completely changed the way cloud is secured and is leading a new approach of how security solutions should be built. It’s completely agentless and detects every important risk in the cloud environment down to the data layer. It’s fast, simple, and complete.
● Although young, Orca has already acquired raving customers of all sizes, from post Series A to F100 companies - see some examples here.
● Well-capitalized: Total funding is almost $300MM in less than 24 months. CapitalG, Redpoint, GGV, YL Ventures, and SVCI. SVCI is a syndicate of CISOs who invested their own money after careful due diligence.
● Founded and led by 8 architects and executives from Check Point and quickly joined by many senior engineers from Palo Alto and Check Point.
About the role:
Orca Security is building a challenging, interesting, and a high pace evolving product that is changing the cloud-security landscape. We are growing and looking for talented, highly-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player to join us. We have an inspiring team of top talents building a product that revolutionizes the way security is being done in the cloud. We hold a real passion for the latest technology trends and strive to incorporate these technologies in our product. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products.
On a typical day you'll:
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible, and unit-tested appropriately
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best solution
- Implement new requirements within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipate potential errors/issue
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Develop expertise of AWS, Azure, and GCP products and technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experience
- 5+ years Python/Go development experience
- Knowledge/Experience designing and implementing data-intensive systems
- Experienced in working with micro-service architecture & cloud-native services
- Solid understanding of software design principles, concurrency, synchronization, memory management, data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Self-motivated and passionate attitude
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Team player mindset and a great sense of humor
- Knowledge of Cyber Security domain - Advantage
- Experience with big data analysis e.g. Spark, AWS/Azure, Map Reduce, ElasticSearch (Advantage)