- Published: April 8, 2021
Optimization is at the heart of what we do
Optimization is a key driver to the success of Optibus. Our advanced optimization algorithms and machine learning help the world's leading transportation providers deliver better service for passengers and increase driver satisfaction, while lowering operational costs. The algorithms team is in high visibility from Optibus founders, CEO and CTO both with deep technology background and hours of development, coding and design of Optibus platform.
The optimization expert
We are looking for an optimization expert to join our team. An optimization engineer who has vast hands-on experience and a deep knowledge of optimization with a specific focus on optimization techniques, heuristics and search algorithms, and integer programming.
- Develop and implement innovative algorithm techniques for solving difficult large scale optimization problems.
- Maintain and improve scalability and speed of existing algorithms written in C++.
- Strong background in mathematical programming, linear and integer programming in particular.
- Experience in implementing high-performance linear and integer algorithms.
- Knowledge in techniques such as column generation, lagrangian relaxations, etc.
- Up to date with published research within the field of mathematical programming and related.
- Experience with commercial optimization solvers for integer programming, such as FICO, CPLEX, Gurobi.
- 10+ years experience of production grade programming especially programming in Python and C++.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of mathematical programming.
- Ph.D/M.Sc degree in Operations Research, Math, Computer Science or related.
It will be great if you have:
- Practical experience with statistical performance evaluation of code, i.e., benchmarking.
- Application specific knowledge of vehicle routing, crew scheduling and rostering.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques.
- Experience in the field of search algorithms and heuristics.
- Knowledge of constraint programming techniques.
- Knowledge in implementing algorithms using parallel processing.
- Knowledge of graph data structures and algorithms.
- Publications in the field of mathematical programming or related.
About the company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 450 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.