Smore is the world's friendliest newsletter tool. Millions of people across the globe use Smore to create better newsletters, and we've built a fast-growing business, devoted to empowering our customers. We're currently moving into new verticals, and creating a whole new product that uses the latest and greatest tech. We're looking for a talented engineer to join us and help build the future of newsletters.
Smore is an efficiency-first company. This means that we want you to have a few days in our Tel Aviv office to collaborate with your team members, and spend the rest of your week working wherever you feel most effective—whether that’s a couch, home office, or coffee shop. Of course, if you like going to the office every day, you’re more than welcome to show up. Our home base is on Rothschild Blvd in Tel Aviv.
What you'll do:
- Work on a world-class web product, using cutting edge frameworks and open source tools: Typescript, Node.js, Go, GraphQL, Svelte, Google Cloud services, AWS, Fastly, Docker, Kubernetes, and many more.
- Keep performance and scale in mind: Smore.com is accessed by millions of people every month, thousands simultaneously, and the amount of data we process is huge and exponentially increasing.
- Work in fast iterations and get things shipped quickly.
- Write high-quality backend and frontend code in a high-performance environment, complete with code reviews, tests, and all the other goodies.
- Work with all parts of the tech stack, hack together quick solutions, and experiment with new technologies.
- Have fun while doing all of the above!
- Supportive and empowering people- We hire talented people who are kind. As simple as that sounds, we mean it. At Smore, you’ll find a group of intelligent people who are equally warm and inviting. We care about building each other up, celebrating our wins, and learning from our losses.
- Continuous learning- We want you to grow professionally and personally as a member of Smore. Whether it’s a book, a course, or a mentor that will assist in that growth, we’re happy to provide it.
- Flexible vacation- We offer flexible vacation and encourage you to take the time you want to recharge, refresh, and explore your interests outside of the day-to-day work.
- Smorinio- Modeled after the Smore, an American dessert that consists of marshmallows, chocolate (Hershey’s only), and sandwiched between two graham crackers, Smorinio is our lovely mascot. Whether he’s in plush toy form at our offices, or in a swag bag for our customers, he’s a big part of everything we do at Smore
- Fluent English & Hebrew
- 5+ years of professional full-time development experience
- Software Engineering Degree or equivalent/Technological Unit alumni
- Ability to work efficiently in both a team and self-directed manner
- Curiosity - You've got a strong desire to learn new things and a strong interest in the latest technologies.
- Laziness - You hate repetitive work, and have an urge to automate everything.
- Humility - There's no need to show off. And if you don't know something, ask. Be chill and be happy.
- Attention to detail and a passion to build the best software.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with modern web frameworks and services
- Working and contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience working on high-performance applications
- DevOps experience
- Database optimization experience, especially with Postgres
- Team Leader/Management experience
- An eye for good design, typography, and products