Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
Forter is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer, Product Experience to develop and cultivate new products for fraud detection. More than in other teams, the engineering decisions made by Forter’s product team need to balance not only engineering factors, but also user experience, aesthetics, legal and financial considerations, and a general sense for what's most important.
Engineers on the Product team have a knack for making tools powerful without compromising their ease of use. This applies to both visual tools (like our customers’ dashboard and our internal analysts’ system) and programming tools (like our API).
What you'll be doing:
- Influence how our product offering looks and behaves.
- Design and implement unique solutions for data interfaces both for clients’ platforms and internal tools (for our Analysts’ team).
- Take full ownership of a feature set from the first discussion to bringing it to live on the site.
- Self-managing project planning, milestones, designs, and estimations
- Holding yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems. We take pride in our tests, monitoring & alerting abilities just as we do with our systems
- Experience of 5+ years throughout the web development stack such as Node.js, Storybook, Karma, React, VueJS, AngularJS, ES6 etc.
- Advanced HTML & CSS (including SASS/LESS) skills.
- Strong pixel-by-pixel attention to detail.
- Great communication skills.
- Self-driven and can deliver solutions partnering with both internal and external development teams without the need of a project manager.
- Professional proficiency in English
Would be very cool if you have:
- Experience with building low latency web applications.
- Experience with UI/UX (Photoshop, Micro-Interactions, animations, etc.).
- Experience with building automation and package management tools such as Webpack/Rollup.
- Experience building browsers’ extensions/plug-ins
- Experience working with or building internet payment interfaces
What it’s like to work at Forter:
Instead of writing some boring descriptions, one of our finest engineers made a little video (or two). This is how we believe things should be: different, funny and with some attitude.
Things we appreciate:
- Open-minded with tons of knowledge in all of the aspects of UI, UX, and product design
- A link to a blog post you wrote/interesting talks you've given.
- Open source projects you’ve created or contributed to.
- Interesting problems you've dealt with, that weren't trivial.
- Side-projects that you couldn't resist building. After all, a software addict has to do what a software addict does.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.