- Published: August 4, 2020
SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems and revolutionary EV charger; by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
The IoT group specializes in making SolarEdge devices smarter and more connected.
As a Senior Embedded Linux BSP Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and software development of a new complex SoC project that forms the next generation communication platform of SolarEdge’s products.
What you will be doing:
- Develop BSP for ARM Cortex-A processor based board, including U-Boot, Linux kernel, and device drivers development for initial board bring-up and system integration
- Maintain and support Buildroot embedded Linux build system in a continuous integration environment
- Participate in defining the platform layer software architecture for a variety of hardware components and board layouts
- Maintain current embedded Linux kernel code
- Working within a large group of Embedded Linux developers
- Work with adjacent teams such as ASIC, Board designers and ATE.
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent – must.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining board support packages (BSP) for embedded systems. (ARM Cortex-A systems is an advantage). – must.
- 5+ years of experience in developing Embedded Linux device drivers – must.
- Strong proficiency with C – must.
- Strong proficiency with Linux kernel internals and Embedded Linux build systems, buildroot or Yocto – must.
- Understanding schematics, experience with logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and JTAG – must.
- Experience in Linux user space application development – must
- SPI, RS485 busses, WiFi, SubGHz driver experience – advantage.
- Secure boot, TrustZone, OP-TEE, authentication/encryption, and/or security hardware accelerator experience – advantage
- Hands-on DDR calibration and debug experience – advantage
- Experience in Python and C++ – advantage.
- Self and fast learning abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking
- Great interpersonal skills