- Published: April 26, 2021
Otonomo is looking for a passionate and experienced DevOps Engineer, who will be part of our RnD team helping build a robust and reliable automated release management (AKA CI/CD), Infrastructure Provision and Configuration .
The DevOps Engineer should be an experienced engineer who has a proven track record and experience with best practices in the industry. Giving the complexity of our Infrastructure, CodeBase and process we need a team player with both strong technical skills and a wide angle understanding and view of processes and workflow pipelines.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to define processes flows and to implement them in an automated way to help our developers to continuously improve our product in a safe, smooth flow involving Cloud resources, application components and services deployments, configuration and validation.
Our Technological Stack includes: AWS (ECS, EKS, EMR, RDS, Kinesis and more), Jenkins, Python, Scala, Node.js
Who we are:
Otonomo is taking the automotive industry into the future by leveraging the power of connected car data. We have partnerships with over a dozen car manufacturers to bring customers data directly from the source – over 24 million cars. Our platform reshapes, harmonizes, enriches, and secures connected car data so that our diverse network of app and service companies can deliver advanced automotive solutions.
The world of automotive big data is virtually untouched. Otonomo is at the forefront of pioneering creative solutions to the challenges of the new IOT surrounding connected cars.
Otonomo was named as one of Gartner’s Cool Vendors, recognized as a “Soonicorn” by Tracxn in 2020 and praised by industry and business press for our impact on the automotive data industry. We continue to grow and reach new milestones, like the recent announcement of our going public via a business combination with Software Acquisition Group Inc II.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining, optimizing and automating processes and methods in a large scale and multi-region production environments
- Development life cycle, enabling a CI/CD approach using a wide range of tools and services
- Researching and Implementing new technologies to expend engineering capabilities in both production and development environments
- Support production environments- troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Be the primary solution for operation and infrastructure related aspects
- Supporting engineers by providing necessary training and advice
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer
- Defining and maintaining CI/CD processes.
- Using CI tools such as Jenkins, GitLab-CI, Circle-Ci etc. (Jenkins an advantage).
- Implementing and maintaining InfrasAsCode tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible etc. (CloudFormation an advantage).
- 3+ years of experience scripting with Python/Bash/Groovy.
- Experience in Cloud Environment – AWS / Azure / GCP (Preferably AWS)
- Deep understanding and know-how of Docker and Kubernetes both for local dev environments and production orchestration, using Docker engine, Docker Compose, - Helm, K8S API and K8S operators and controllers.
- Advanced Linux knowledge (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- knowledge and experience with monitoring and logging stacks such as Prometheus and DataDog
- Experience with Service Mesh solutions such as Istio and Consul – Advantage
- Experience with GitOps approach – Advantage
- Package dependency management – Advantage
- A genuine passion for Knative technologies keen on experimenting and shifting mindset towards K8S and cloud-native flow and implementation.
- Team Player with good communication skills, a strong attention to details and the ability to work independently and under pressure.