- Published: April 8, 2021
Optimization is at the heart of what we do
Optimization is a key driver to the success of Optibus. Our advanced optimization algorithms and machine learning help the world's leading transportation providers deliver better service for passengers and increase driver satisfaction, while lowering operational costs. The algorithms team is in high visibility from Optibus founders, CEO and CTO both with deep technology background and hours of development, coding and design of Optibus platform.
The senior data scientist
We are looking for a senior data scientist to join our Algo team, a senior data researcher and algorithm developer who has a vast hands-on experience and a deep knowledge of data pipelines, machine and deep learning prediction and optimization algorithms with superb interpersonal and communication skills that could develop and build Optibus’ data science framework and algorithms for existing and brand new transportation related problems.
- Research and develop machine learning algorithms for large scale data driven problems that involve real world data applications.
- Develop all needed data pipelines to support existing data collections and aggregation of new ones.
- Improve existing machine learning and optimization algorithms and pipelines, for better features, runtime and scale.
- Lead data science projects from theoretical research to production code development.
- 5+ years experience of hands-on development.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using Python to manipulate big data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience in working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, AWS and be able to write efficient SQL
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related domains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
It will be great if you have:
- In addition to the required skills experience in the following areas will be an advantage:
- Graph data structures and algorithms
- Experience with other continuous and discrete optimization algorithms such as Linear/Integer Programming
- Experience with search algorithms and heuristics
- Publications in the field of machine or deep learning or related.
About the company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 450 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.