Lightricks is a pioneer in innovative technology that leads to breakthrough moments throughout the creation process. With a mission to push the limits of technology to reimagine the way creators express themselves, the company brings a unique blend of cutting-edge academic research and design to every user experience. Lightricks’ photo and video editing tools offer endless possibilities and inspiration, while the company’s creator services provide content creators the ability to monetize their work and talents. We focus on putting creators in the center and empowering them from the moment inspiration strikes.Our brilliant minds in R&D take our products to the next level. Our areas of expertise include computer vision, machine learning, rendering, deep learning and computational photography. Our tech team also boasts a leading research team, allowing Lightricks to remain an industry leader. To read more about our team’s work, read our tech blog.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join our new exciting initiative! We help hundreds of millions of content creators all over the world to join our effort in building a community for our creators, and help inspire (and get inspired) hundreds of millions of creators.
What you will be doing
You will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup. We are looking for Senior Backend Engineers who are great problem solvers, enjoy collaborating with others (not just engineers) that value well-written and tested code.
● Brainstorming feature design, system architecture and troubleshooting.
Writing clean, maintainable and testable code, and inspiring others to do the same.
● Full ownership of the technology stack including infrastructure and production-readiness of key systems.
● Identifying and implementing software engineering best practices.
Work with CI/CD pipelines to deliver frequent and high quality features.
Your skills and experience
● 5+ years of experience working on backend systems.
● Highly independent, accountable and a team player.
● Experience creating RESTful web services, understanding HTTP.
● Experience with Golang/Java/Python or an OO language.
● Experience with databases, preferably both SQL and NoSQL.
● Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
● Experience working with messaging is a plus.
● Experience developing a cloud-based system (AWS or GCP) is a plus.