Laguna is a fast-growing Digital Health startup.
We are building our core engineering team and looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our amazing growth. If you want to impact and change people’s lives, then Laguna is just what you've been craving!
What do we build?
We modernize home recovery by building the “Waze of recovery”- A personalized recovery journey app, providing step-by-step guidance for a full recovery for each member after their hospitalization.
This is achieved through our data analytics engine that provides real-time insights to coaches and guidance for ideal recovery.
In this role you will:
- Take part in the design and implementation of our products and architecture, playing a major role in the company’s success.
- Own features end-to-end, from design and development to production.
- Develop and maintain an overall system understanding and excellent hands-on development skills needed for building cloud-native applications.
- Apply software engineering best practices to continuously improve the quality of our codebase and Laguna's velocity.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to solve problems and overcome design challenges.
- 5+ years of experience with modern programming languages.
- Proven experience in server-side Node.js or Python
- Experience with building microservices from scratch .
- Practical knowledge of hands-on work in a Cloud environment.
- Ability to take a feature from start to finish: design, implement, test, release, and successfully deploy in production.
- Deep understanding of strong fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structure systems, and application programming.
- Experience with software engineering best practices and methodologies: testing, code reviews, and clean-code, etc.
- Team player with a can-do attitude.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kafka, NATS, RabittMQ, etc
- Async communication between microservices.
- event-driven design and async programming.
- Experience with AWS ECS and Fargate