- Published: October 20, 2020
Are you passionate and curious about server architecture?
Bizzabo is looking for a Senior Back-End Developer to join our fantastic engineering team.
Our server architecture is micro-services based, running on Java 8 using spring boot framework with ElasticSearch and Mysql as a data store.
We are advocates for cutting edge technology.
We are writing our components in Kotlin. We built our own data warehouse and are using advanced analytics and BI tools.
As an experienced member of the R&D team, you will lead initiatives from start to finish, provide mentorship, advice, and guidance to peers and colleagues, bring innovation to your team, and lead by example.
Bizzabo’s all-in-one event software enables in-person, virtual, and hybrid events to deliver unique attendee experiences through intelligent and intent-based personalized engagement. We help companies measure, manage, and scale events towards key business outcomes, empowering every organizer, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events. Bizzabo powers events for brands like Forbes, HubSpot’s INBOUND, Dow Jones, Gainsight, Uber, Bank of Ireland, and Electronic Arts. The company was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has more than 100 employees in its New York and Tel-Aviv offices.
The Covid-19 period, was a rollercoaster here at Bizzabo, from being directly affected the event industry, we did a bold move to integrate a virtual solution as part of our offering, and it has been a true success. We are at an amazing spot to go and storm the market and win, and we are looking for great people to join us!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Be dedicated to product quality and have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Continuously design, develop and deploy backend services
- Focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Contribute your analytical abilities Enthusiastically research new methods for doing things
- Provide solutions to challenging problems
- 6+ years experience in Java/Scala or similar
- Working with databases such as MySQL
- You feel at home on Linux and the terminal
- Built micro services architecture for large scale
- Have deep understanding of security risks
- Familiarity with the Spring framework
- Working with AWS infrastructure: EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.
- Computer science degree from a leading institute
WHAT WOULD BE A BONUS
- Familiarity with Kotlin
- Experience with Elasticsearch & Redis
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with TDD or a testing culture
- Fundamentals for stream queues (Kafka)
- Fundamentals of reactive programming