- Published: January 3, 2022
Lightricks creates award-winning apps - in the field of image, video and sound processing - used by hundreds of millions of content creators all over the world.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about the craft of software engineering - just like us. People who believe that code is beautiful, but can still appreciate the realities of business and can deliver on a tight schedule in a dynamic environment. We’re talking about people who get excited about starting huge projects from scratch and even more excited when the finished products are finally in the hands of users all over the world. People who love learning, understand the value of teamwork and cherish the feedback of other talented developers. If you like applied math and algorithms, even better!
As the Android Tech Lead of a new app team, you get the rare opportunity to guide a team and build a new Android app from scratch up to production. Our apps are not your typical client apps, they are full of business logic and algorithms. All the image processing, machine learning and rendering is done on device and requires a high level of performance.
You’ll be at the heart of a new, initially small team of Android developers who will face the exciting challenge of bootstrapping a new app - understand the challenges, design the entire system from data models to inter-component interface and high level design.
Our product already exists in iOS so as part of the task, you will also enjoy the close support and consultation source of the iOS product tech leadership and team.
- Lead the entire product development cycle: design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Stay hands on - write clean, maintainable and testable code and lead others to do the same.
- Mentor other new developers on the team, conduct code reviews and define and maintain the level of excellence we hold from coding here at Lightricks.
- Build and deliver a plan for initial and ongoing app releases and execute on timelines.
- Communicate and identify risks and opportunities, offer creative solutions.
In addition, you will take a key part in our strategic vision of scaling our Haifa branch and shaping its culture with a new Android developers community.
- 6+ years of development experience in any programming language.
- 4+ years of Android development.
- 1+ years of writing fluent code for android in Kotlin.
- Proven experience of writing an Android app from scratch - from design to deployment.
- Analytical experience in debugging production code.
- Experience working in a team - with developers, product managers and designers.
- Deep understanding of Android OS - UI, rendering, background processing, MVVM.
- Great communication skills, experience in providing technical feedback.
- Experience leading a technical team or project.
- Experience with Coroutines, Dagger, Work Manager, Room.
- Knowledge in image processing, graphics and/or computer vision.
- Experience with OpenGL ES.
- Experience with writing JNI native code, C++.
- Experience with writing custom UI views.