Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 700 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
If you don't meet 100% of the requirements below - that's okay, nobody's perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just a list of skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited about coming to work every day.
A successful software developer at Kaltura is a technologist who possesses a balance of technical depth, creative problem-solving ability, and strong interpersonal skills. Kaltura is a fair and equal employer, we promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, LGBTQ rights and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
As a software engineer at Kaltura, you will be a part of an engineering community in our Mobile Applications/R&D division.
The team you will join is responsible for our mobile portal application and forging our new real time communication product.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a group that develops the mobile offering that completes the experience of our most selling product of the company that supports both the enterprise and the education vertical bringing amazing value to our customers. In addition the team is hard at work on our new mobile real time meeting experience.
We looking fast-learner and someone who can handle the challenge and tackle several projects at once all while maintaining high coding standards.
We at Kaltura believe in openness and innovation - we want people who not afraid to say their opinions and to think bigger.
Come and join the place where you can see the impact of your work on a daily basis.
· Knowledge of Android eco-system with at least 5-years of experience developing Android native applications and/or products.
· Deep knowledge and understanding of the Kotlin / Java language.
· Knowledge of Android's common software design patterns, including the ones needed to develop connected applications with high-performing UI/ UX.
· Deep understanding of the Android SDK.
· Strong object-oriented design.
· Able to work independently and drive results.
· BS degree in computer science or equivalent/ Code Geek.
· Experience working with JIRA / Git and design applications such as Zeplin, Invision.
· Excellent English communication skills
Nice to have:
· Multimedia/video streaming experience.
· Experience as backend / Api developer
· Webrtc familiarity or experience