- Published: September 27, 2021
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
If you don't meet 100% of the requirements below - that's okay, nobody's perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just a list of skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited about coming to work every day.
We are looking for a SaaS Platform Engineer to join our platform team!
We are developing an innovative video platform as a service offering, running in AWS and providing an end-to-end video experience to our customers base
If you share our passion for building high-scale and complex distributed systems and would like to take a leading role in shaping our technical roadmap, this role will fit your requirements.
- Build large scale platform infrastructure
- Build cloud-agnostic infrastructure
- Work close with CTO office on technologies selection and first implementation
- Contribute to the technical and architectural roadmap of the platform
- Design and implement core foundation modules and processes
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Analyze & solve and prevent difficult production incidents across the technological stack
- +4 years as backend/Platform developer - Must
- Deep understanding of Linux/Unix systems – Must
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, HTTP, WebSocket – Must
- Has experience with working on one of the known cloud providers – AWS, OCI, GCP, Azure – Must
- Deep experience with distributed systems architecture
- Experience with NoSQL, ES, pub/sub systems, queues management
- Ability to analyze performance and alleviate performance bottlenecks
- Ability to self-manage and focus on the business impact
- Passionate about learning new technologies and a great self-learner
- Big bonus: experience in Video technologies, CDN, streaming protocols
- Experience/Knowledge in those languages: C/C++, PHP, Nodejs, GO.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Helm, Kubernetes)
- Experience in micro services frameworks & architecture
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously