- Experienced Buyer, responsible for R&D & NPI purchasing activities, works closely with R&D team to identify needs and match suppliers’ solutions while assuring Operational criteria’s are met for future serial manufacturing products.
- Take part in serial supplier’s management, owns day-to-day Suppliers operational management (Forecast, POs, FCO's, ECOs, obsoleteEOL , MRP actions, transitions, Repairs, service agreements, OTD, etc)
- Provide sourcing for R&D mechanical projects in the development cycle (NPI)
- Support risk purchasing, long lead items purchasing for buy and make items
- Support Suppliers Selection, Supplier Development (automation, quality improvement, productivity increase)
- Support sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the R&D & Engineering .
- Develop and retain strong supplier relationships and manage partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Implement improved sourcing methods, tooling optimization and capability understanding, supplier risk assessment
- Assist with cost modelling analysis support, and drive for design for cost
- Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing and assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the company
- Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineer preferred
- Ability to understand mechanical schematics and drawings
- Minimum 5 years of relevant purchasing experience with a proven Track record of delivering cost reductions
- Experience with purchasing mechanical items, knowledge, and familiarity with relevant suppliers, both in Israel and worldwide
- Experience in working with ERP systems, preferably Priority
- Experience working with different Logistics processes (MRP, kitting, Shipping, etc)
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology.
- Fluent English
- Independent, team player with high negotiation skills, and excellent verbal ability