- Published: May 26, 2021
SolarEdge is a global leader in smart energy technology. By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, SolarEdge creates smart energy solutions that power our lives and drive future progress. SolarEdge developed an intelligent inverter solution that changed the way power is harvested and managed in photovoltaic (PV) systems. The SolarEdge DC optimized inverter seeks to maximize power generation while lowering the cost of energy produced by the PV system. Continuing to advance smart energy, SolarEdge addresses a broad range of energy market segments through its PV, storage, EV charging, batteries, UPS, electric vehicle powertrains, and grid services solutions.
Driven by its long-standing commitment to accelerating the transition to affordable clean energy, SolarEdge’s Sustainable Impact Strategy focuses on three main pillars: Powering clean energy, Powering People, and Powering business. The new goals support and accelerate the company’s commitment to producing best-in-class products that help shape the future of sustainable energy production, energy storage and e-mobility.
The Sustainability Program Manager will work closely with our Regional and Functional teams to help implement and deliver SolarEdge sustainable impact commitments. Furthermore, this individual will be responsible for the active monitoring and review of initiatives in support of our strategy. The successful candidate will have strong project management and resilience skills, and the ability to develop strong trust-based relationships across multiple levels of the organization.
What will you be doing:
- Drive operationalization, and support execution of key program initiatives and partnerships in close collaboration with functional leads.
- Engage with regional and functional team members on the implementation of the program, through the lifecycle of several large initiatives.
- Implement tactical and strategic activities required to support greater integration of the Sustainability agenda within the Regions.
- Support various customer and other stakeholder engagement initiatives and partnerships, mobilizing cross-functional working groups to start-up projects and execute.
- Ensure that program opportunities/accelerators and key risks are identified early, and that plans are implemented to effectively address.
- Organize regular project updates with key stakeholders to monitor program progress (across initiatives and against targets), and most importantly drive agile action/response.
- Lead/support other related initiatives as required by the team. This role will evolve in line with our Sustainability agenda and key initiatives.
- 3-8 years of experience in sustainability-related project mgt., program mgt.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with senior level managers across the organization
- knowledge of change management principles and delivery within fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide pragmatic solutions in resolving day to day operational challenges
- Sound decision making and problem-solving ability with a focus and track record of delivering results
- Passion for sustainability and motivated by making sustainability a discipline integral to business continuity.
- Strong inter-personal skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Analytical mind, capacity for strategic planning and formulating structured project proposals
- Courage to promote difficult discussions with groups from all levels of the organization
- Resilient even with set-backs and demonstrates persistence in tough circumstances
- Demonstrated collaboration skills within matrixed organizations
- Fact based decision making and problem resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to earn the respect, acceptance and trust of peers, subordinates and superiors
- Team player who is a champion of change
- Experience in agriculture-centric company and sustainable farming is a plus
- Bachelors degree with a focus in Business Administration or Sustainability
- Project Management Professional designation is an asset.