The filed engineer will be in charge of supporting, installing and building the company's main systems and will support customers’ infrastructure as Tier 3-4.
This role will be part of the Critical Availability team and Infrastructure Engineering team to identify, develop and support solutions to improve application availability. Candidates should have Network, Storage and Backup technologies experience, Disaster recovery process and distributed systems implementations related to Database Replication strategies.
This position required flights to customers from time to time.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
§ Assessment of current applications infrastructure architecture. Identify solutions to improve application availability and stabilize applications to improve customer experience
§ Assess the feasibility and impact of next generation data center technologies.
§ Definition of principle architecture considerations Including facilities, systems, & infrastructure
§ Maintain and support operational tools which will include 24/7 support according agreed SLA
§ Maintain and support OS images and standards
§ Technical lead and Tier 3-4 support for critical availability issues. Helps troubleshoot complex technical problems and provides operational crisis management.
§ Enhance operational efficiencies and effectiveness via tools, scripts, workflow, technology and process improvements
• At least 3-5 years experience with:
• Win ServerUnixLinux OS as administrator
• Virtualization systems (ESX, VMWare)
• Storage technologies
• Backup and Restore
• Managing web servers as IIS
• Writing shell scripts for Unix/Linux
• Familiar with large scale systems and architectures
• Can lead integration activities of 3rd party components
• Deep Knowledge with network appliances as Firewalls and switches
• Team player with the ability to lead activities from planning to execution in a high pressure environment