At Swimm, our mission is to help engineering teams radically improve their knowledge of the code through continuous and auto-synced documentation. With Swimm, Continuous Documentation becomes an integral part of the development lifecycle, making it a must for organizations that need to scale fast while maintaining the knowledge on their codebase. Swimm’s patented platform allows engineers to build documentation that includes “live” snippets and tokens from the codebase that auto-sync every time the code changes.
Swimm is an early-stage startup eager to make an impact on the developer’s day-to-day experience. In November 2021, Swimm launched its free open beta and announced a $27.6 million Series A funding round; Swimm’s total funding to date is $33.3 million.
About the role:
One of Swimm’s growth pillars is the Product Design position. The Product Design Lead will work directly with the engineering team to create a sleek intuitive product. This role is for someone that aspires to create great products that engineers are excited to use and who is passionate about solving complex problems, using data and research to validate ideas. As our hands-on design lead, you will be responsible for the design team's professional growth and well-being.
A glimpse into what you will be doing:
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Swimm’s platform.
- Understand the core audience (developers) and suggest flows that support these preferences.
- Lead and mentor our talented design team (and be hands-on).
- Create wireframes and mockups and present them to internal stakeholders and teams.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams.
- Lead the creation, maintenance and improvement of experiences within the technical constraints and principles of UX design.
- Manage and prioritize features based on business objectives, user insights and daily operations.
- Stay up to date with the latest UX trends and incorporate them into the product.
- Manage user testing sessions and translate findings.
- Support a more holistic approach by providing services to the marketing team.
- Contribute to and maintain the design system.
Your qualifications and experience:
- 2-3 years of UI UX design / product design experience.
- Proficiency in Figma.
- Portfolio of past research, UX, and design work (please attach it to your application).
- Excited about bettering the lives of developers.
- Self-starter who thrives in an autonomous environment.
- Excited about dealing with complex problems and making the impossible possible.
- People-oriented and collaborative.
- Experience managing or leading design teams.
- Knowledge of basic programming skills.
- Experience working at startups.
- Experience working with developers.
Swimm is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.