Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others. .
We are seeking an outstanding Principal Engineer to join our Tel Aviv office. This is a great opportunity to join a young, VC-backed, fast growing start-up that encourages its employees to innovate and implement their ideas. In this role, you will guide and lead significant development efforts for both existing products and new ones
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Technically leading development of features end to end (From requirements to code in production)
- Promoting engineering excellence, code quality and principles of software design and development in the team
- Help translating our business vision into state of the art software and efficient development processes
- Supporting our customers and troubleshooting production issues
- Being part of cross R&D engineering initiatives
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience using Python
- Outstanding architecture and design skills of large SaaS systems
- Experience working with large scale systems
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix
- BS in Computer-science or equivalent degree
- Strong background and experience with:
- Database systems
- Secure-coding/infosec principles
- Scalability & performanceImportant Details
This is a full time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Tel aviv office.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.