- Published: June 27, 2021
Cato Networks is the provider of the world’s first SASE platform. If you don’t know what SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) is, Google it now. What we envisioned already 5 years ago is now being formally endorsed by Gartner as the future of network and security.
Cato Networks is looking for a Principal Engineer to join our rapidly growing R&D team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing startup and make an immediate and real impact on the future of our product. In this role, you will be solving architectural and engineering challenges. You will be a critical part of developing our cloud-based proprietary networking and security management solutions. In addition, you will be building highly scalable processes for gathering and analyzing statistics from multiple networks.
This is your opportunity to get on the rocket ship, and join a company that is building a cutting-edge enterprise network and security cloud platform, and is on a fast track to become the worldwide market leader – don’t miss it!
- Performing ongoing research and create new features and product ideas
- Researching new technologies and adapting them for use in the company’s product
- Design and develop microservices using the newest methodologies
- Design and create a data processing system
- Leading software standards and best practices for teams. Technically mentor team members, review code and provide feedback
- Be the go-to person for the most difficult problems.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders - product management, security researcher, support team, and more
- End to End development from data processing of large scale data to web interfaces
- Understanding of systems architecture and performance tradeoffs
- Prior experience designing, building or administering large scale software systems
- Proven experience in designing and implementation platform infrastructures
- Experience in improving development productivity
- Proven track record of designing and implementing highly resilient big data applications
- Experience building web applications
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership in a Principal Engineer or Technical Lead role
- 5+ years of hands-on programming experience in Java
- 3+ years of experience in microservices with high scale and load in production
- Hands-on experience - MUST
- Experience working with big-data and no-SQL technologies
- Experience in driving projects end-to-end, technically while also influencing goals and outcomes.
- Self starter with the ability to learn new skills and technologies
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- BSc. in Computer Science from a known university