- Published: September 16, 2019
SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, and by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced.
In this role you will manage a team of PHY embedded SW engineers and you’ll be responsible for the PHY embedded SW PLC (power line communication ) system .
The PHY team is responsible for the PHY algorithms and embedded SW development in SolarEdge products .
The work will include deploying and improving the PHY of the existing PLC system and developing the next generation of PLC for SolarEdge advanced new products.
What will you do in this position?
- The PHY system team leader is expected to lead his team in the following exemplary activities:
- Develop new BPSK modem for PLC system using advanced simulation methods and tools
- Evaluate Modem optimization of several channels for SolarEdge in house chip platform
- Take major rule in optimizing SNR / BER
- Evaluate and implement ECC (error correction code) methods.
- Solve problems and improve existing PLC system based on BFSK.
- Take major part in developing new pairing methods between PLC communicating units in SolarEdge system.
- Take major part on PLC based advanced mechanisms such as ARC detection (based on DFT/PLL + smart decision logics).
- Lead the PHY embedded SW porting from 3rd party in-use chip platforms to SolarEdge in house chip platform
- Work closely with HW/ASIC/QA teams.
- B.Sc. in EE. M.Sc. is an advantage
- +5 years of experience in communication / signal processing
- Deep understanding of RX and TX MODEM - BFSK/BPSK background is advantage
- System level understanding - ability to comprehend and contribute to multi-disciplinary process employing HW, signal processing and SW
- High analytical skills – ability to triage a problem root cause in a complex system
- Experience with SW/FW coding
- Deep knowledge of communication system test lab equipment
- Ability to work well in multi-team environment