We are looking for a NPI manager who will be responsible for transitioning new products from early-stage of development to production level all the way to field deployment. You will work with cross-functional teams ranging from HW designers, systems engineers, marketing, operations and vendor teams, participate in the complete product life cycle from development through build prototype until handing off the product to sustaining engineers.
- Manage a group of 3 NPI technicians and Lead the team to execute the NPI process within the operations group.
- Define the NPI methodologies, interfaces, and process within the operation matrix to ensure smooth product introduction
- Set an overall Operational NPI plan, Set Ops KPI’s, Track and follow project progress, manage risk and report accordingly.
- Provide engineering leadership for the definition and scoping of NPI projects for all aspects of manufacturing and transitioning of projects to Manufacturing for project implementation and subsequent operation.
- Ensure Design for Manufacturing guidelines are well implemented in the product design and validate implementation impact on product quality
- Overall accountability of production data integrity including: BOM, production documentation, jigs and tools, product regulation.
- Establishing and documenting process specifications that ensure manufacturing operations will meet product capability and quality expectations.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to all production processes and methods to facilitate cost reduction and quality improvement through engineering change requests
- Prepare plans for all NPI projects and coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure a good quality product – represent the operations in the product life cycles gates
- Serve as a technical mentor to contract Manufacturing during NPI process
- BSc degree in Electrical engineering or Mechanical Engineering - Mandatory.
- At least 2 years in manufacturing or manufacturing engineering; including NPI experience
- Proven experience in leading NPI activities and product transfer to production in multidisciplinary companies
- Project management capabilities, proven direct and matrix managerial skills - Mandatory
- Proven track record of successfully leading, developing, and mentoring highly educated, skilled engineers in a global environment
- Knowledge and experience in understanding electrical schematics
- Proven leadership skills with strong written and verbal communication skills to work internally and externally at all levels of an organization
- High level of presentation skills