- Published: August 23, 2021
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns and manage the transition from R&D to Manufacturing of new products testers and tools.
- Participates in product development to specify, design, build and test new products.
- Helps to improve efficacy, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, and cost.
- Must have great technical ability, system level understanding, “can-do” approach, along with being a team player.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the product development phases from product definition to mass production, provides significant and valuable inputs to the design, and participates in design reviews, prototype assembly and testing.
- Provides product and process DFX input to R&D to enhance manufacturability and product cost.
- Takes ownership of new products during pilot production phase through successful and sustained project launch, including driving new product introduction schedules, resolving manufacturability issues, driving improvements for cost and efficiency.
- Creates an efficient manufacturing assembly line, and detailed work instructions.
- Provides training and support to production employees.
- Designs, qualifies, documents and introduces production tools.
- Strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, production, and suppliers.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering or experienced Practical Engineer.
- 4+ years’ experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant electronic content.
- Able to demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes including Process Engineering capability.
- Proven knowledge of electronic assembly, testing, inspection processes and Lean principles.
- Electro-mechanical products development experience is preferred.
- Problem-solving ability, including demonstrated ability to effectively design, execute, report on, and draw conclusions from experiments and data.
- Excellent communication, organization, follow-up and documentation skills.
- Comfortable interacting with technicians, engineers, and management all on a regular basis.
- Strong technical skills in prototyping, tooling development and troubleshooting.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities in Hebrew and English