- Published: August 31, 2021
SolarEdge is a top global leader in smart energy technology. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, smart energy management solutions and more.
As a member of our Mechanical group you'll be responsible for developing all SolarEdge's line of products. We are searching for a self-motivated and passionate Mechanical Engineering team leader to take part in research and development of the company's innovative products in the fields of renewable energies.
What you will be doing :
- Lead and mentor team of mechanical engineers for design of electronic packaging outdoor products with high power dissipation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to achieve product performance, schedule, cost, reliability, and quality targets.
- Your team activities will include:
- Design parts using plastic injection, die cast, extrusion and sheet metal
- PCB mechanical design including shoulder to shoulder work with electrical engineers
- Preparation of production files including mechanical drawing, PCB mechanical drawings
- Specification review and approval of manufacturing tools and molds
- First article inspection review and approval
- B. Sc. or higher degree in mechanical engineering from recognized institute
- Experience in managing small teams (up to 5 Engineers)
- Passionate about design: Driven to conceive of and execute new designs that are differentiated relative to all else in the market today
- Leadership ability in terms of strong interpersonal, collaboration and influence skills
- 5-10 years of experience in mechanical design (hands on)
- At least 2-3 years in electronic packaging design to meet safety and environmental requirements
- Experience in products design for manufacturing by plastic injection, die casting and metal forming - Must
- Experience in PCB design - Must
- Experience in drawings and production files preparation - Must
- Experience in validation, testing and troubleshooting of mechanical first articles - Must
- Experience in production support
- Experience in design with a 3D CAD software - Must (SolidWorks- Advantage)
- Experience with PDM/PLM and ERP software - Advantage
- Experience in thermal and strength evaluations - Advantage
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work on several project in parallel