SolarEdge is a top global leader in smart energy technology. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, smart energy management solutions and more.
As a member of our Mechanical group you'll be responsible for developing all SolarEdge's line of products. We are searching for a self-motivated and passionate Mechanical Engineering team leader to take part in research and development of the company's innovative products in the fields of renewable energies.
The position is located in Herzeliya
What you will be doing :
- Lead and mentor team of mechanical engineers for design of electronic packaging outdoor products with high power dissipation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to achieve product performance, schedule, cost, reliability, and quality targets.
- Your team activities will include:
- Design parts using plastic injection, die cast, extrusion and sheet metal
- PCB mechanical design including shoulder to shoulder work with electrical engineers
- Preparation of production files including mechanical drawing, PCB mechanical drawings
- Specification review and approval of manufacturing tools and molds
- First article inspection review and approval
- B. Sc. or higher degree in mechanical engineering from recognized institute
- Experience in managing small teams, or as a Tech-Lead
- Passionate about design: Driven to conceive of and execute new designs that are differentiated relative to all else in the market today
- Leadership ability in terms of strong interpersonal, collaboration and influence skills
- 3-8 years of experience in mechanical design (hands on)
- At least 2-3 years in electronic packaging design to meet safety and environmental requirements
- Experience in products design for manufacturing by plastic injection, die casting and metal forming - Must
- Experience in PCB design - Must
- Experience in drawings and production files preparation - Must
- Experience in validation, testing and troubleshooting of mechanical first articles - Must
- Experience in production support
- Experience in design with a 3D CAD software - Must (SolidWorks- Advantage)
- Experience with PDM/PLM and ERP software - Advantage
- Experience in thermal and strength evaluations - Advantage
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work on several project in parallel