SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems & revolutionary EV charger; by doing that, we are changing the way electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
SolarEdge is looking for an experienced Machinery Automation Project Manager with a strong background in automation and engineering to join our Automation Development Team.
You will be an integral member of a dynamic team responsible for End To End process: leading new automated lines and standalone machines development to installation with subcontractors, automation system design, automation DFM and automation infrastructure requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Lead projects from definition to implementation including: Development, System Definition, Infrastructure, negotiation, operational requirements definition and documentation, installation and delivery to mass production.
- Execute design changes in the automatic lines, prepare technical documentation
- Install and deploy new systems and peripherals as required, liaising with external vendors and service contractors as appropriate
- Proactively manage and support the existing automation lines and machines for optimal performance and minimized downtime
- Prepare RFQs (Request for Quotes) and Technical Specifications and Maintenance Documentation
- Identify available “of the shelf” available solutions that can support production needs
- Initiate Engineering Changes (ECOs) related to automation
- Collaborate with R&D, Engineering, External Technical Resources to provide comprehensive support of Automation Systems and Technologies
- Vendors management
- Provide Engineering support on all technical issues related to automation
- Systematic troubleshooting / problem solving
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation
- Provide regular reports to management and deliver projects within agreed time frames and budgets
- Benchmark system performance and provide regular reports
- Bachelor Degree, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electronical Engineering with background in mechatronics
- At least 3 years of proven experience in multidisciplinary project management in the automation area
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the automated electro-mechanical production environment
- Proven experience in system design, mechanical design, writing technical specifications, PLC programming
- Demonstrable knowledge in machinery maintenance, hands-on.
- Experience in working with sub-contractors
- Solidworks experience
- Open-minded and innovative
- Meticulousness and excellent organizational skills
- High English level: speaking and writing
- Experience with robots (ABB, Denso, etc…), PLCs (Codesys, Beckhoff, etc…), vision systems
- Knowledge in NPI process
- Knowledge in Production Process
- Negotiation skills