- Published: September 26, 2021
Moon Active is one of the world's fastest-growing mobile game companies, providing entertainment for millions of active users across the universe. The company is headquartered in the heart of Tel Aviv.
We are looking for a Junior Level Designer to join our rapidly growing company - someone who is able to create, review and manage world-class designs for our casual puzzle games!
Together with a cross-functional development team, you will be responsible for crafting world-leading player experiences and content. You will deliver fun and high-performing levels for our players, concept and create new gameplay elements and use data to analyze, tune and improve upon your work.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new game, and work with a team of passionate and experienced game designers on a top tier product.
- Creating best-in-class casual content in line with our design pillars, to excite and engage players
- Playtesting your own and others designs to ensure quality and consistency of gameplay
- Providing and documenting quality and timely feedback to other team members’ designs
- Iterating your content based on feedback provided in playtest sessions
- Structuring and ordering content to onboard game concepts/mechanics, as well as providing the best variety and challenge for the game
- Using data to inform and balance existing content and form hypotheses and direction for future content
- Assisting level design team with improving our content pipeline and processes
- Supporting and collaborating with the wider team in their disciplines from a level design perspective (Production, QA, Art, Game Design, etc)
- A passion for gaming, particularly with regards to casual mobile games
- An inquisitive, positive and creative mind with a passion for the level design craft (when possible showcased with a relevant portfolio of work)
- A solid grasp of design methodologies and an up-to-date knowledge of the casual audience, casual game markets and player motivations
- Ability to create excellent quality designs for a mass audience, often to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate feedback and design ideas
- A strong self-driven work ethic and ability to work effectively in an agile team environment
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with your own discipline, as well as other disciplines on the team
- An ability to incorporate feedback from your team into your work and use it to learn and grow in your role
- University degree in Level Design, Game Design or other relevant subject
- A basic knowledge about scripting/programming - in particular C# and Python