DeepCure is seeking a highly enthusiastic and driven Lab Administrator, who will help us establish a brand new laboratory space from the ground-up. This is a unique opportunity to have a leading role in a pioneering team, composed of a multidisciplinary group of scientists, with a mission of building a "first of a kind" lab and take part in the AI-based drug-discovery revolution.
In this position, you will have fantastic support from a team of outstanding scientists and AI experts along with dedicated facilities. You will also be able to interact with project teams and see the real-world impact across our portfolio of drug discovery projects to benefit patients.
The successful candidate must be organized, self-directed, and capable of handling a variety of tasks in a fast-paced startup environment. Responsibilities include management and implementation of lab operations and activities relating to health and safety, facilities, laboratory space planning, purchasing, inventory management, general research operations and scientific laboratory logistics.
More about DeepCure:
DeepCure is a next-generation therapeutics company, founded and based in Boston, that is built from the ground up with equal importance to computation and life sciences. Our mission is to deliver to patients safer and more efficacious therapeutics that are extremely unlikely to be discovered by traditional drug discovery pipelines. We are a team of curious, multidisciplinary, and impact-driven professionals on a quest to redefine the way drugs are discovered.
We are currently building our DeepCure Israel team, which will be based in the Rehovot Science Park, to establish and run the lab operations in our cutting-edge automated lab. The Israeli team will collaborate closely with our global team on the exciting challenges on our way to revolutionizing the drug discovery industry.
- Oversee and maintain the lab to ensure full compliance with Health Safety & local and national environment programs and regulations.
- Develop relationships with key vendors to negotiate and maintain lab consumables and chemical supply systems.
- Create and manage POs and vendor invoicing.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance, calibrations, and service of lab equipment.
- Manage service contracts and associated renewals.
- Manage and maintain equipment inventory.
- Help with the development of internal databases and processes to manage laboratory operations
- Experience managing operations in an academic or pharmaceutical lab.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and dedication to working in a team-oriented R&D environment to contribute to shared project and goals
- Meticulous and highly detail-oriented personality, with exceptional record-keeping skills
- Stellar communication and negotiation skills with proven ability to create and maintain positive vendor/supplier relationships
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced drug discovery environment
- Direct experience building a lab from the ground-up
- Experience working in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary and a generous equity grant. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
* A leadership team that values and prioritizes your professional development
* Flexible work hours
* Unlimited paid leave and sick time
* Lunch subsidies
* Transportation expenses/parking
* Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Rehovot Science Park
* Have the opportunity to work with an international team of innovative scientists across different disciplines.
“Brainstorming on my challenges with all these amazing brains deserves a shout-out every sprint” (Jon, Member of our Machine learning team).
Most importantly, you'll have a huge impact, do important work, and work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
DeepCure is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.