- Published: September 2, 2021
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 700 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
If you don't meet 100% of the requirements below - that's okay, nobody's perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just a list of skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited about coming to work every day.
We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our platform backend team
Kaltura has developed an innovative RTC (Real-Time Communications) family of products focusing on delivery of a high-quality meeting solutions.
We are looking for a backend developer who shares our passion in building high-scale and complex distributed systems across the globe. In this position, you will contribute to our backend platform and will take a pivotal role in the platform technical roadmap.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration, and we are the initiator and backer of the world's leading open-source video management project, which is home to more than 150,000 community members.
- Build large scale backend API services on Node/PHP
- Support Auto Scale Services, Analytics, Jobs and more
- Build the backend for real-time conferences & room management (Features: Chat/Whiteboard/Recording and more)
- Contribute to the technical and architectural roadmap of the platform
- Design core, backend software components/modules
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Analyze & solve difficult production incidents across the technological stack
- 3+ years as Back-End developer
- Experience in Node.js - must ( PHP - Advantage )
- Deep understanding of Linux/Unix systems
- Deep experience with distributed systems architecture
- Experience in building large-scale systems
- Experience with Structure DB - (MySQL)
- Ability to analyze performance and alleviate performance bottlenecks
- Ability to Self-manage and focus on the business impact
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Passionate about learning new technologies and a great self-learner
- Cloud Solution Architecture - AWS
- Experience/Knowledge in Nest.js (node)
- Experience/Knowledge in Yii2 / Laravel (PHP)
- Experience with containers (Docker, Helm, Kubernetes)
- Experience in WebRTC/RTC technologies
- Experience in video technology
- Experience in micro services frameworks
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously