SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, and a revolutionary EV charger; by doing that, we are changing the way electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
We are looking for a Junior System Research Engineer for our System and Patent Group.
The System and Patent Group is a multidisciplinary engineering group responsible for culling innovative ideas from all departments, conducting early-stage research related to new technologies and/or next-generation product features, providing R&D support to various teams, and leading efforts in creating and protecting the company’s intellectual property. The group reports to the company CTO.
What you will do:
* Work on self-contained electronics projects (for example, building systems for testing and experimentation, power circuit simulations, programming microcontrollers, etc.)
* Carry out independent research related to a variety of engineering disciplines
* Develop SW tools to support research
* Work independently, exhibit “Rosh Gadol”, be a hands-on team player and exhibit a strong can-do attitude
* B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering - required. M.Sc. – advantage
* Strong HW and SW skills
* At least one year of industry experience in an R&D role involving electronics
* Experience programming in C – required. Embedded programming – significant advantage.
* Experience programming in C# and/or Python – advantage
* 2+ years’ hands-on experience in building/simulating electrical circuits (design, debugging, and validation) – significant advantage
* Excellent English reading and writing skills – advantage