If you’re the kind of person that loves to get things done, collaborate with colleagues overseas, and is interested in joining a highly profitable fast-growing fintech company, then you should join us at Cross river.
You are a looking to get onto the ladder leading up to becoming a Data Scientist. You are detail oriented with an analytical, logical way of thinking, and are passionate about making data driven decisions. You are ready to put the work in to learn from the best.
You have worked on SQL and have had some exposure to programming.
We are a fast growing Data Science team. We value innovation and collaboration. Our team is working with vital analytics to ensure we are within the guidelines for banking regulations and ensuring the continued growth of the bank.
The AML Data Scientist Team Lead will be a member of the Data Science- Risk Management team responsible for leading a team of experienced Data Scientists focused on Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act. The candidate will be responsible for performing analysis, interpreting results and developing actionable insights to accelerate operational excellence, demonstrate compliance and mitigate risk.
- Present data and analysis in a clear and concise manner allowing the audience to quickly understand the results and recommendations so they can make informed data driven decisions.
- Support and maintain vendor models used by the AML group for transaction monitoring.
- Lead and mentor a team of data scientists to deepen their understanding and use of cutting edge data science and machine learning methods
- Apply appropriate quantitative techniques such as exploratory data analysis, regression analysis, supervised and unsupervised learning, feature engineering, statistical sampling, and data visualization
- Collaborate with various partners to provide a holistic view of the analysis. Measure and monitor results of applied recommendations and present adjustments.
- Develop scenarios involving tuning, calibration, segmentation and optimization.
- Provide routine and ad hoc reporting tied to AML/BSA compliance and risk.
- Build relationships with the business line and collaborate cross-functionally to access internal as well as industry data sources, understand the data being analyzed, and identify process improvement opportunities
- Prepare model documentation and respond in a timely manner to effective challenge from model validation, internal audit, and regulatory reviews
- Support the development of policies and procedures for AML transaction monitoring life cycle, including reviews of scenario validation, segmentation and optimization tools.
- 3-5 years or relevant experience in leading a team of Data Scientists
- 3-5 years experience in SAS Anti Money Laundering (AML) Solutions, AML Alert Generation Process, Scenario Management
- 5-7 years programming experience in SAS/Base, SAS/Enterprise Guide including work experience in data modeling, statistical analysis and machine learning
- Experience in Business Intelligence/Data Exploration and Visualization tools such as SAS VA
- Experience in advanced analytics and statistics
- Strong analytic skills and problem solving with the ability to extract, collect, organize, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Experience in producing documentation in a highly regulated environment
- Proven experience working with model risk management in the model validation process.
- Master's Degree in Operations Research/Statistics/Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science/Economics required
Why join us:
Cross River provides technology infrastructure powering the future of financial services. Leveraging a proprietary real-time banking core. We are backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with our partners, we are reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We place a strong emphasis on our employees’ satisfaction and growth. We promote a work from home culture with people located all over the country, which allows our employees unparalleled flexibility to work where and when they want, with hours that are convenient for them. We strongly believe giving this freedom allows them to produce the best work possible.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Ongoing monthly knowledge sharing, training and career growth opportunities.
We are seeking people with a passion for cutting-edge technology, who enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic environment and want to work alongside other bright, talented people.
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.